Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009b version 11 i need transfer my old version Act 7 ( convert) help me please !!!! than ks

Act 2009b version 11 i need transfer my old version Act 7 ( convert) help me please !!!! than ks

Good morning,

please I ask your attention and kindness, i  use Act from the version n. 1 by Symantec (more  less 10 years ) never i have had  problems, i must transfer today my old version Act 7 it works on windows xp pro  32 bit  to  a new pc

os windows 7 home premium 64 bit. (I have read in the forum  that act ACT 2009 version 11 with Win 7 is  not officially supported in a 64 bit but it works )

Before proceeding I done  the backup (file zip) about  my old database  then  I have tried to open the file with the new version  Act  11  (  on new pc windows 7 64 bit ) but it was not able to read the file zip ( I have 3 files zip  as  backup )  but not even   is perceived,  read or visualized,  it’s just the same result with the tool " import "  (impossible to open the files i dont see the files  ) also i cant  use  the Database Conversion Wizard   and   tools convert,  ( I know it that  only convert  with act 3 to act 6 but i tried ) how can I convert the my old A ct?

Now, how can  I do to read ( to work)  my old database  (  restore) with Act 11 ?

why I cannot see the files to be able to open them?

what can I do my new Act 2009 it works?

Thanks for  your collaboration

Please help me

i am in panic

best regards, thanks

Eder

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009b version 11 i need transfer my old version Act 7 ( convert) help me please !!!! than ks

If it's a Symantec version, then is it 3-5 (not 7).

So, you need to extract the ZIP file to a Windows folder and then convert it.

See: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/01/tips-for-converting-act-60-or-earlier.html

Re: Act 2009b version 11 i need transfer my old version Act 7 ( convert) help me please !!!! than ks

sorry,  my backup has been created with the version 2007 9  Act by Sage ( os windosws xp professional 32 bit  old Pc)  I would want ( i need)  to move the file zip (backup) to the new version 2009  act 11 in my new Pc  ( os windows 7 home premium 64 bit )

How  I have told in the  first post I , i can't get new version Act 11 to work, can  you help me and to explain me in the I detail what I can do?

Very kind and tanks for your answer

best regards

Eder Cappelli