Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 version 11 Installation Error - SQL cannot load and you need to move files

Act 2009 version 11 Installation Error - SQL cannot load and you need to move files

Does anyone know how to repair an error when you are updating from an earlier version of ACT! to 2009 Version 11 whioch tells you that ACT! could not install certain SQL files and you need to go to the files loated at C:/programfiles/microsoftsqlserver/mssql$act7/data and move those files to another folder? If so what are the steos for finishing the incomplete installation? Do you have to uninstall your install and start all over as that appears to be the only option when I reinsert the CD ROM.  I am unable to convert any of my older databases to the new version as well.
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 2009 version 11 Installation Error - SQL cannot load and you need to move files

Not knowing all the detail of what went wrong on the install I would recommend re-installing.  If this is on your workstation/laptop but not a server and you don't use MS SQL for anything else on your machine you may want to consider using the ACT! Uninstaller which is available in the ACT! knowledgebase.
Joe Norcott
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Premier Trainer
Business Marketing Strategist

Business Technologies of New England, Inc.
Braintree and Attleboro, MA
Visit our blog: http://www.btne.com/blog
Visit my LinkedIn Page: http://www.linkedin.com/in/josephnorcott
email at: jwn@btne.com
508-226-4565
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 2009 version 11 Installation Error - SQL cannot load and you need to move files

This problem can be solved by navigating to the directory you referenced and moving the contents of the "data" folder and the "template data", we highly recommend you save the contents of those folders in new (backup) folders.

Then start your install again.

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA