Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 ver 11 Report Editing

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 2009 ver 11 Report Editing

ok, i have a lil bit of a problem regarding editing and designing a report.

I am trying to create my own "Opportunities report" to display a snap shot of Opportunities at any given time.  I have set up the report to display client name, process stage, amount and product type, which also totals it all up with sub totals and overall total, along with 2 user fields defined by me and this works brilliantly and gives me what I need. with regards to looking at totals and product spread etc...

My problem is that all our clients have an adviser and admin staff assigned to them. These 2 fields are in the main contacts section as they are prime data that needs to be on display when a client calls etc...  I some how need to get these 2 fields into my opportunites report, but unfortunately when editing the report they are nowhere to be found as they are not part of the Oppotunities fields list.

is there any way I can get these fields in by using html or other means?

Your help would be appreciated!

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sibbso3876
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2009 ver 11 Report Editing

Think i have solved the problem.  It seems that when editing the reports, if you edit an Opportunities Report, it only shows the "Opportunities" fields.

However, if you edit a Contact Report, then both contact and opportunities fields are available. Bizarre I know!!

So, im off to redo my report again!!!

Bye.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author sibbso3876
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Think i have solved the problem.  It seems that when editing the reports, if you edit an Opportunities Report, it only shows the "Opportunities" fields.

However, if you edit a Contact Report, then both contact and opportunities fields are available. Bizarre I know!!

So, im off to redo my report again!!!

Bye.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You will need to add the opportunities to the contact report as a subreport otherwise you will likely see duplications in the report. You will no longer be able to group the opportunities by stage or status. The ACT! report editor amounts to a programming language so care must be taken in how the report is designed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

ok, Think I understand!