Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 v11.0 Email to History

Act 2009 v11.0 Email to History

I have figured out how to set up my Outlook to link with my ACT database, but I can't figure out how to specify which contacts I do NOT want to record a history for and how to attach received emails to history as well.

Right now it automatically records every sent email to the appropriate contact in ACT. I want to:

A. Stop if from attaching emails to history when the email is being sent to a specified contact (even though the contact is in ACT)

&

B. Have incoming emails attach to ACT history, again except for specified people.

I know this needs to be done through Outlook rules but it hasn't worked.

Also, if I can accomplish this, it might also be helpful to know how to manually attach emails when necessary for the contacts I omitted.

Lastly, how to I turn off the outlook link to act history all together?

Any help is appreciated!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009 v11.0 Email to History

A. This can only be done from the message screen prior to sending. In Outlook 2003, there will be a dropdown at the top of the message where you can manually choose your history option. In Outlook 2007, look under "Add-Ins" on the message screen toolbar, and for ACT! you will also see a drop down where you can choose the history option. In either case, you would choose "Do not record"

B. I do not believe there is a way to do this with the rules, since the rule looks at all valid email addresses in the database

C. To manually attach an email, highlight it in the Inbox, then click the "Attach To ACT! Contact" icon on the Outlook toolbar (paper clip). You will get a dialog box allowing you to select the contact or contacts to atach that message to.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.