Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 problems rescheduling activities using arrow keys

Act 2009 problems rescheduling activities using arrow keys

Previously I had been able to reschedule an activity by using an arrow key. Example: to reschedule an activity for one week from now, all I had to do was select START DATE, and then use the down arrow key on the calendar. But now it does not seem to work any more. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a new bug?

Please advise suggestions...

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009 problems rescheduling activities using arrow keys

Hi,

I like to work this way too.

In previous versions I was used to do what you want using +/- to increase/decrease day in "start date" and hour in "start time".

Using CTRL +/- I was able to increase/decrease month in "start date" and minutes in "Start time".

In last version CTRL is not working yet.

I have suggested (sending a message to wish list) to include this in next version.

I hope this helps.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE

What was the previous version?

I had been using ACT by Sage 2008 (10.0), and now have version ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367, and I have noticed that now I cannot easily reschedule calls like I used to. Previously I would use the down arrow on the calendar to easily change to next week, or I would use the right arrow to call in a day or so. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a glitch of some kind?

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello David,

The "previous" was 6. I did not have a chance to test in versions after 6 and before 11 as I have skipped some up grades.

You may track my suggestion and previous discussion about at:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=15243#M15243

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue.  The issue is scheduled to be resolved in the next update that will be released sometime in January.  I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

So it's now February 12, 2009 and there's no ACT! update? I also used the arrow keys to navigate calendars when rescheduling activities. What's the story?

I also notice I am not able to tab through the schedule activity pop-up from Start Date to Start Time to Duration and so forth. Why does ACT! insist on taking basic functionality out of it's software from one version to another? Having to use the mouse and clicking everything is more time consuming and error prone?

Also see my post at http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=20279#M20279 

Once again, ACT! get your ACT together!

The update was originally scheduled to be released in January, but was pushed back to do unexpected issue.  Please read the stickied thread regarding 11.1

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&thread.id=20707

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Throckmorton,

As far as I know ability to jump from one field to another while scheduling activities (and other tasks in ACT) is working.

You may have a problem with some add-on.

That also happens to me after running some add-ons but this a random beahior.

The only way I found to fix it is to close ACT and open again !

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity