Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 and Outlook 2007

Act 2009 and Outlook 2007

I recently updated to Outlook 2009 on my office computer which is running XP.  If I close Outlook now it will not reopen unless I either restart my computer or go into the task manager and make sure all Outlook processed are ended.  The task mangager does not show the application as being open, but it is in the processes.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that has not helped.  Any suggestions??  Thank You, Jerry

Re: Act 2009 and Outlook 2007

Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. I will provide an update if the status changes, or if an alternative workaround to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

This issue has also been linked to the iTunes addin in OutlookIf present, disable the iTunes addin and see if Outlook will close.

Tuned Listener

Re: Act 2009 and Outlook 2007

While waiting for Act to be fixed, we have been using "Shutdown AddIn for Microsoft Outlook" from www.daveswebsite.com as a work around.

In our experience it does force the Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 process to exit without causing collateral problems.