Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 & Word 2003 Problems

Act 2009 & Word 2003 Problems

I've read through the forum to see if there is a response to this, and I see a number of similar problems but none of the solutions worked for me. 

I just installed ACT 2009 and have Office 2003 running, ever since I installed, I'm having all sorts of problems with my word/outlook. I can't use the mouse to position the cursor or highlight anything, I can't use the arrows to move within the document, and I am unable to open word and use any of the "draw" functions including creating a text box.

I saw a post saying to close ACT! and any office applications. Then go into add/remove programs and uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies. I don't seem to have that in my program list though so wasn't able to uninstall anything. 

I also saw a similar question and a resolution for a windows update but that only works for Word 2007. 

This propblem occurs if ACT! is open or closed.

Any ideas? 

Thank you!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009 & Word 2003 Problems

Try running Detect & Repair from the Help menu in both Word and Outlook. If this does not help, then uninstall ACT!, reboot, and reinstall ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.