Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2009 address book integration with Outlook

Copper Contributor

Act! 2009 address book integration with Outlook

I've just installed Act! 2009 and Outlook 2007.  I am trying to understand the level of integration of the address books in the two of them.  I've read the Knowledge Base article here
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1920...

but I am still not clear. 

If I add contacts in Act!, will they appear in the Outlook contact list? 

If so, is there a way to keep them in a separate folder in the Outlook contact list?

If I add contacts to Outlook do they appear in Act!

And where do I access the options that control these things?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2009 address book integration with Outlook

When you add the ACT! address book to Outlook, the only information that is transferred to Outlook is the contact's name, email address and company. This is only an address book that is used for email purposes. The address book that Outlook acquires from ACT! only contains those contacts that have an email address in your ACT! database...this address is dynamically updated when new contacts with email addresses are added or removed. An address book in Outlook is separate from the contacts in Outlook, however names in an address book can be manually added to the Outlook contacts. The ACT!-Outlook integration has no real-time connection to the full contact records in either application.

There are some options to get ACT! contacts into Outlook and vice-versa:

- Export the names from Outlook or ACT! to a .csv file and import that .csv into the other application (not a real-time update)

- There are a couple of third-party add-on products called 123 Synchronizer for ACT! and Outlook and DoubleLook that can synchronize your ACT! and Outlook contacts. DoubleLook does real-time synchronization.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

OK thanks for clearing that up.

Greig,

I have had a somewhat different experience with ACT 2009 - Outlook 2003 integration.  From the time I installed ACT 2009, Outlook contacts were directly poulated with all ACT contacts and title whether they have email addresses and ACT ID/Status became Outlook categories.

This worked flawlessly unitl a few weeks ago when the updates ceased.  Can you give me some idea what may have gone wrong?

Jackz