Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 / Outlook integration is inconsistent

Act 2009 / Outlook integration is inconsistent

Hi,

I send frequent Outlook emails to contacts in my ACT 2009 database, and the integration is inconsistent.  I go to my ACT contact record and click on the email address.  The Outlook email screen the comes up and the email address is already in the Send field.    I fill in the message and click SEND.   When I go back to my ACT screen and look on the history tab, sometimes a new record is created properly.   Other times, a new history record is not created.   

Any ideas why this is so inconsistent?

Thanks!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009 / Outlook integration is inconsistent

Have a look in the bottom RHS of the screen, in the System Tray. Youi should see an icon with a sort of screen with a red x on it. When you right click on it, you should see two choices, Show or Hide Progress. Select Show Progress. You should then see a dialogue box titled "Attach to ACT! Contacts Progress", with 3 tabs. Check out the not attached messages tab.

Also have a look at article 23006 in the Knowledgebase.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Nickel Elite Contributor

What happens when to click on View / Refresh  ?   or F5   ?

Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Copper Elite Contributor

When you refresh the display you ask the OS to redraw the screen image. In ACT! this is done via the menu selection View-Refresh or pressing the F5 key.

There are times when the information on the screen does not quickly reflect changes to the data in the database.Differing reasons why. For more information have a look at article 16471 in the Knowledge Base.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au