Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Act 2009 - Outlook 2007 Email attachments

Champion Listener
Posts: 21
Country: United States

Act 2009 - Outlook 2007 Email attachments

This has been discussed from different angles on the forum before; but is there a definitive reason why not ALL saved Outlook Emails with attachments retain the attachment after linking to a contact?  In my case about 75% of Outlook 2007 received emails keep their attachements after linking to a contact.  The other 25% are linked to the contact but the attachments disappear.  This is a real killer failure if one is not saving attachments some other place while reading and linking email.

 

Dan P. Beckner

Bronze Super Contributor
Posts: 1,170
Country: USA

Re: Act 2009 - Outlook 2007 Email attachments

I am not entirely clear as to what you mean...

 

Are you saying that you have Act! preferences set so that your emails are saved as an attachment (a msg file) in Act! history, and what is happening is that those message files sometimes retain the files that were attached within the email but other times the attached files are stripped from the file that is attached to Act! history?

Champion Listener
Posts: 21
Country: United States

Re: Act 2009 - Outlook 2007 Email attachments

Yes that is exactly what I mean.  Also, sometimes the email itself is not saved as an attachment.  It is saved to the history, but not as an outlook message.  Just the message itself is saved, but you cannot open it in Outlook 2007.  Incidently, if I didn't mention it in the origianal I am using ACT 2009 with Outlook 2007.

 

Dan P. Beckner

beckner@dpbeckner.com