Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009: Outlook 2003 freezes

Act 2009: Outlook 2003 freezes

Hello - I have upgraded from Act2008 to Act2009. When I now close Act2009 and Outlook2003, Outlook closes as program but stays active as a process. Everytime when Outlook is used and then closed an Outlook task more is added. When there are 3 or 4 such tasks running, the next time the system gets freezing.

What can I do to solve this? - it looks like an incompatibility problem of Act2009. Totally new installation of the system didn't help.

The reason seems to be an outlook addin.

The system environment: Win XP pro with SP3, Office 2003 with SP3, Act2009 (german edition).

Thank you and kind regards    Hans-Ueli

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act 2009: Outlook 2003 freezes

Maybe the addin for ACT is not compatible with a German version of Outlook. If you remove the addin from within Outlook does it load correctly?

Do you have a Gernam version of ACT and if so this should work correctly but if you have another version it may be the .DLL that controls the interface is not knowing what is required for the Gernam version

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: Act 2009: Outlook 2003 freezes

Hello Paul

Thank you for your advice. All program versions are german: Act 2008 and Act2009,Windows XP and Office 2003. The language should not be the reason. Are there any incompatibilities known?