Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2009 / Office 2007 - Background Sound in a Mail Merge Template

Copper Elite Contributor

Act! 2009 / Office 2007 - Background Sound in a Mail Merge Template

In Act! 6, I created a workaround to allow background sound in the .gmt file.  To do this, I created my Act! template with everything except sound and then saved it.  Then I would open the .gmt file in notepad and add the necessary sound link information.  the commend was: BGSOUND src="...some web location..." loop="-1".  I could then mail merge an e-mail with sound.

So here's my question:  How do I create a background sound file link in an .adt file?  Any help is appreciated.

MrWright

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2009 / Office 2007 - Background Sound in a Mail Merge Template

The GMT was an HTML format. ADT is a Word format and I don't think it supports these HTML tags. I haven't tried, but you might see if you can do this with SwiftPage

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks, Mike, for the link, but it won't work.  I chatted with a rep this AM and they have nothing at this time.

MrWright

Platinum Elite Contributor

A rep at SwiftPage?

I use a product (MergeMaster!) that I think would do it, but at this time it only works in Australia. You might send them a message and see when they might support other countries