Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009, MS Office (Outlook and Word) 2007, Vista Home - actemail.exe fails

Act 2009, MS Office (Outlook and Word) 2007, Vista Home - actemail.exe fails

Hi!  I saw one other thread that looks a lot like this, but there was no solution, so I am posting my information, hoping that someone can help me.

I want to use Act, Outlook and Word to send newsletters to my clients.  That worked fine last month.  When I went to do the new newsletter, I had some trouble, although I was able to send a few single mails.  It looked like something was timing out, and after 3 attempts at sending an email, I got an error message indicating that actmail.exe had failed.

Couldn't find any helpful info, but I had installed a test product, so I assumed I had messed up my machine.  Reformat, re-install.  I still haven't installed everything, because I want to get my newsletter out.. Just MS Office, Act, Norton AV, Firefox, and the Ancestry.ca keying tool (everyone needs some play time!).

Sent a test message, and it worked fine, so I took a backup of the registry (just in case, since one of the problems I saw earlier indicated that part of the problem could be a registry entry and I wanted to have a copy of the version that worked.)

Turned my machine off, and came back in the morning, to a machine that could no longer send emails through Act.  Scheduler had run database maintenance.. haven't tried from a new database.

I'm getting messages like this:

"Unable to cast COM object of type 'System._ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder'. ....."

"ActEmail.exe has stopped working"

and, in the Windows Application logs:

"Faulting application ActEmail.exe, version 0.0.0.0....  faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000... exception code 0XC015000f..."

"Fault bucket 1180525682, type 1.. Event Name: APPCRASH.... Problem signature: P1: ActEmail.exe...  "  This one has a link taking you to a screen that says "There was a problem with Windows that caused it to stop working correctly"  and telling you to get Windows updates, which I have done, but it doesn't help.

Anyone have any ideas?  Help!