Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2009- I need to know how to stop Task+ to stop processing an error

Astute Commentator

Act! 2009- I need to know how to stop Task+ to stop processing an error

I have a very big problem, after trying to update an event I mistakenly deleted someone attached to the original entry.  When I tried to update the task Calendar Plus did not let me.  So I tried to reassign the task by adding the deleted user.  The task was set to reoccur until 2073So my ACT crashed and now the other user has 18563 alarms that have appeared on his screenHow do I fix this problem without crashing every few minutes or deleting 18k individual tasks?

I can't delete the error because my computer is trying to process this task which is freezing up my network.  How do I fix it?  Please help.

Astute Commentator

Re: Act! 2009- I need to know how to stop Task+ to stop processing an error

have now crashed ACT and my data base is gone.  I am in CODE RED.  I can see an .ADF file but I can't get my computer to do anything with it.  It is 102MB and my data base  .PAD file is only 1 kb.  Please someone help me figure out my problem.  I have crashed and burning brightly
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello drawab,

If you can still see the .adf file, then your database is still physically there. Open ACT!, then go to File/Open Database, change the Files of Type to .ADF, browse to the .ADF file and open it. This is assuming the .ADF is local to your machine.  If the .ADF is damaged and you cannot open it, then you may need to restore a backup.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Hi Greig,

Thanks for that.  So, does it mean that if we tried that and it doens't work, then stop trying.  The file is corrupt?

Platinum Elite Contributor

I can't say that for sure based on the information in this post. To be sure, I would have ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) in your area or ACT! support in your area take look at the database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.