Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 Activities automatically reschedule themselves for another contact with the same name

Copper Super Contributor

Act 2009 Activities automatically reschedule themselves for another contact with the same name

No we aren't losing our marbles - we go to a contact, set up an activity (to-do, meeting etc) and it all logs correctly and is shown against that contact

Without updating or altering that record, over a period of time (and probably triggered by a synch event or a reindex?) the activity automatically attaches itself to a contact with EXACTLY the same name but at a different company.

If we use a look up on that contact name and see the various individual records that share the same name, it usually is the one which alphabetically comes first COMPANY field wise that it reattaches itself to

This has happened often enough for it not to be user error and happening across multiple users

I need to find out if this is a known issue, and please if this is happening to any other users can you report it here too

I suspect because this will only ever arise when you have more than 1 person in a database with the exact same name, the chances of it occuring are low, yet this is VERY frustrating because it records entries in history, attaches it to the company and it takes forever to unpick a company from the list of the 'associated with' entries

Please can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2009 Activities automatically reschedule themselves for another contact with the same name

I can see this happening if you are syncing to a handheld device. ACT! does its internal connections using unique IDs on the records. Most handhelds don't use the ACT! unique IDs. I suspect that's when it happens.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 2009 Activities automatically reschedule themselves for another contact with the same name

no handheld devices in use that synch with act
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk