Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2009 11.1, Syncing Issues with groups

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 2009 11.1, Syncing Issues with groups

[ Edited ]

I have a similar issue.  We are currently using ACT 11.0 on 11 computers but only one that is remote.  The remote user will sync and it shows that he has synced successfully, but it will not update the group data at all.  Individual contacts will update and we will receive his updates, but his groups are still outdated.  How do we get the groups to sync? Thanks for your help!

-Julie

<Edited title after moving reply to own thread.>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 04-30-2009 08:49 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaglynn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act 2009 11.1, Syncing Issues with groups

Sorry, the title says 11.1 so I thought it was on that version.

You can either update to 11.1 and make a new remote database or follow the KB article below.  If you opt to not apply 11.1 you will need to run the dbfixer utility on the main database, make a new remote, restore the remote and then run the dbfixer on the new remote as well.

Data is Not Transferring Properly During Synchronization

View solution in original post

All Replies

What exactly in the groups are not updating?  Are contacts not being added to the groups?

Correct. We have added contacts to the groups on the main database, but when our remote user syncs, his contact info will update, but the groups will keep the exact same number of contacts as it had before the sync. It one particular case, we now have 34 contacts in a group and when he gets into his ACT it only shows 13 - which was the original amount from when we transitioned to ACT 11.0 from 6.0 back in September. Thanks for any help you can provide!

-Julie

Upon further searching, it appears we have more than just an issue with groups syncing.  It appears that the main database is receiving all of the remote users additions to ACT, but the remote database is not receiving updates from the main database.  So in a nutshell---our remote user is able to send but not receive.

Sorry for the confusion - I was going off of what was being told to me over the phone, but now I have his laptop in my possession. Thanks!

-Julie

Julie,

When this issue start happening?  Is the data missing from all the remotes?  Do you have any backups that can be used to recover the missing info?

We only have one remote user (the other 10 licenses are used in office).  From what we can tell, he has not received any updates since last November. Although we Do receive the updates he has made.  I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but the entire office is using XP, but his laptop is Vista.  Our main database is on the server is just perfect, it is only our remote user who is having issues as he does not receive our updates. Hope that helps...Thanks for your help!

-Julie

Ok, was the database originally on 10.0.3 or 11.0?  There was an issue with 11.0 where the data would only sync one way.  This has been resolved in 11.1, but requires you to create a new remote database.

It is 11.0

So what steps do I need to take now?

Solution
Accepted by topic author jaglynn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Sorry, the title says 11.1 so I thought it was on that version.

You can either update to 11.1 and make a new remote database or follow the KB article below.  If you opt to not apply 11.1 you will need to run the dbfixer utility on the main database, make a new remote, restore the remote and then run the dbfixer on the new remote as well.

Data is Not Transferring Properly During Synchronization

Thank you--it worked perfectly!!