Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2009 (11.0) Label Creation Question / Problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act! 2009 (11.0) Label Creation Question / Problem

I am trying to create labels for Avery 8463 (2" x 4") labels.  I am creating a new template and input the measurements (I get 1/2" from the top / bottom, 0.2" Left and Right, 0" vertical (the labels touch) and 0.18" hortizontal (between the two columns).  I also set the lable to 2" x 4".

However, I can only print 8 labels, 2 columns of 4.  The labels have 2 columns of 5 or 10 labels.  The bottom two will not print.  I tried making the Top and Bottom margins zero, but I can only print 8 labels.  

I measured meticulously, but the template isn't formatting well with the labels.  Did I misunderstand how to interpret the measurements?  Does anyone have a good guide or explanation of each of the template measurements?

Thanks very much!!

David.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidmknoble
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 2009 (11.0) Label Creation Question / Problem

I printed a test on paper and held it up to the labels.  The 18663, while it has slightly different margins that what I ended up with, does appear to work.  I also posted a similar question and solved the problem which helps with this post as well.  Here is that article on the labels creeping down the page.

Thanks for the reply!

David.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Have you tried running label Avery 18663?  Its a premade label already set to 4' x 2'.  If it meets your requirements, then you can customize the label to change any fields or formatting.
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidmknoble
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I printed a test on paper and held it up to the labels.  The 18663, while it has slightly different margins that what I ended up with, does appear to work.  I also posted a similar question and solved the problem which helps with this post as well.  Here is that article on the labels creeping down the page.

Thanks for the reply!

David.

What settings would need to be adjusted to use this label in a landscape format?  Also, how can I add my logo.

Thanks