Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008

Act 2008

When in outlook 2003, the Act option to attach emails to Act contact is suddenly not working. Everything goes through the process and appears fone. yet, when i look at the contact in ACT2008 no email there. I tried updating my address book and that did not resolve anything

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Act 2008

I have been having the same problem after "upgrading" from V6 to 2008. Even after using every cuss word I learned in the army and even reading the user manual I agreed to purchase for extra $ when I purchased the upgrade I still can't get it to work. Frustrating beyond words to have gaps in communication with clients.
Platinum Elite Contributor

rvorama,

It can take a minute or two to attach... it happens in the background with low priority.

Have you tried waiting a minute and then pressing Ctrl-F4 to refresh?

Act 2008: installing over trial

Anything special that I need to do to install ACT 10 over a trial?

Act 2008 converting from ACT 6

I am one of the ones from 1983..the days of Contact Software and Mike Muney..and have detested the later versions of the product til now..but it looks like converting the data from 6 is not that simple..or is it and I am missing something. Merry

Re: Act 2008: installing over trial

Merry wrote:
Anything special that I need to do to install ACT 10 over a trial?

You don't need to. You just add the product key to continue using it

Re: Act 2008 converting from ACT 6

Merry wrote:
I am one of the ones from 1983..the days of Contact Software and Mike Muney..and have detested the later versions of the product til now..but it looks like converting the data from 6 is not that simple..or is it and I am missing something. Merry

ACT! started in 1987, not 1983 Smiley Happy

Converting ACT! 6.0 to 10.0 is easy, but it's important that you clean the database and check for damage first.

ACT! 3.0-6.0 databases had a way of becomming gradually corrupt so that it was often not noticed till it was too late

CMI-JB3 & Mike,

Thank you both for your replies.  I was able to resolve my issue this afternoon. the problem was more related to a windows funtion.
I had accidentally disabled some ACT funtions in startup configuration.  this is how I resolved the issue;

Be very careful to back everything up before attempting this.

1. Goto windows Start button, hit run, then type in msconfig
2. Goto Start tab and make sure ACT Actsage, Acrotray and CTFmon are enabled.

You then restart the system. When I relogged in all my emails were already sycronized as I had tried to do in many prior attempts.

Thans again for your replies.

Hehe Rvorama,

Nice to have a user own up to disabling something that causes the issue ... most of us who have done support are used to users saying they did nothing, it just stopped working Smiley Tongue

FYI:
AcroTray is part of the Adobe applications (most people would have it for Reader). It shouldn't matter for ACT!
CTFmon is part of MS Office and I don't think it would effect ACT! either. If you don't start it with Windows, it will start when you look Office (although I thought it was only Office XP)

The ACT! functions run in the background to attach Outlook emails to ACT! contacts