07-28-2010 10:04 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. To change the tax rate, you would need to modify the embedded Excel file called "Quote.xlt".
- Close ACT!
- Browse to the location of your database, then open the [database name]-database files folder in there. In that folder, open the Templates folder, then locate the file called Quote.xlt.
- Open the Quote.xlt file in Excel, then change the tax rate as desired
- In Excel, go to File/Save As and save to a different directory using the name "Quote.xlt" - includes the quotes in the filename.
- Browse back to your database files/Templates folder and rename the current Quote.xlt file to Quote.xlt.old
- Copy and paste the modified version you save earlier into your Templates folder....the file must be named Quote.xlt in order for ACT! to use it.
- Reopen ACT! and run a quote to test
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.