Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 upgrade and still the same problem Lost Passwords and Lost EMAIL

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act! 2008 upgrade and still the same problem Lost Passwords and Lost EMAIL

[ Edited ]
So I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from 2006 to 2008. (Getting REAL tired of yearly requests to spend $200 on this software)
The software is still deleting my email passwords and now I am intermittently loosing my email messages after download.
I was told when I upgraded that I would get full support for 30 days. But when I come to this site I find out they qualify support to just setup and minor database. This is {please post courteously}.
I may have the software open all day checking emails and then for no reason I can determine the software starts asking me to enter my passwords for the email download and for each individual email in the outbox. Extremely frustrating since I have been complaining about this for three years and it seems no fix has been implemented.
The next problem is REALLY serious. I initiate my email download. The download box comes up showing the progress but it seems to "hiccup" when it's finished and when I go to look at the mail it is no where to be found. It has been deleted from my server and it is not in any of my mailboxes. If these were messages from Mom it would be easy to just call her and find out what's up but these are messages related to multi-million dollar contract negotiations.
I searched and found nothing on either topic.
I'm at the end of my string with ACT and seriously considering a major on line push for an Anti-Act! movement to try to bring all the disatisfied SAGE software customers together because we sure aren't getting any support from Sage. SAGE stepping up and fixing the 3 year old unresolved problems would increase my satisfaction a smidgen.
This forum is absolutely useless without some kind of SAGE monitoring and support. 90% of the questions posted are unanswered.
Gene
Message Edited by boilrmkr on 05-09-2008 07:01 AM
Message Edited by tashina on 05-09-2008 10:34 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by LeslieMcL (Avid Listener)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act! 2008 upgrade and still the same problem Lost Passwords and Lost EMAIL

If there is a fix for this, I would certainly appreciate someone posting it. I am losing passwords and loosing email accounts!! Mine was not the result of an upgrade, just adding another account cause act to start deleting passwords and now deleting the entire new email account as if it never existed!!?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Champion Listener

While its always tempting to ignore a post with threats against the company, I also empathize with your frustration.   We'll handle your technical question directly.

Rest assured that these boards are monitored by Sage support staff and others, but its worth noting that we do attempt to let customers resolve issues themselves (as that builds a more successful community) and so will wait a day or so to allow customer response to an issue.

Dave 

Copper Super Contributor

Are you using the ACT email client or outlook for sending and receiving email?
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

[ Edited ]
I use the Act email client. In my humble opinion that's what it's there for. I hate Microsoft and do everything I can to avoid their software whenever I can.

What an unexpected surprise!

I am very happy to have received direct follow up calls from Sage's Kim Glenn. Very professional. She successfully hooked me up with Sage technician Colt Goddard. He was very helpful dealing with the items descrobed and a few issues he nor I have ever seen before. He has copied the situations to his colleagues for comment and hopefully a solution will be forthcoming soon.

My opinion of the "new" ownership has improved. Now, if Sage will treat their email client as seriously as they treat Act they could end up with a program that will slam Microsoft's.

Message Edited by boilrmkr on 05-23-2008 10:08 PM

This has occurred multiple times to me and in fact it occurred today and it will be Tuesday at the earliest to resolve.  I find it very frustrating.
Solution
Accepted by LeslieMcL (Avid Listener)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

If there is a fix for this, I would certainly appreciate someone posting it. I am losing passwords and loosing email accounts!! Mine was not the result of an upgrade, just adding another account cause act to start deleting passwords and now deleting the entire new email account as if it never existed!!?

I upgraded to Act! 2010 and for the most part email works. BUT about once a week I lose emails.

Since Act is the only program with the correct password I know it is pulling them from the server. However they are no where to be found. I created a rule for the server to COPY incoming email to a Gmail account. It is only  when I check my gmail account that I realize I am getting emails.

Rebooting helps. It also always seems to happen when I get back from lunch and the PC has been idle.

Any help would be appreciated.