Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008-sync problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 2008-sync problem

Use 1 desktop and laptop. Same database on each.  Had to reinstall operating system on laptop due to fatal error and restored laptop from acronis home edition backup.  Want to sync to main desktop to update information.  Could sync in 10 minutes prior to restoration of laptop.  Now synch progess bar shows "synch files" working and "overall progress" 3 quarters along bar.  Appears to be stuck as runs for more than 2 hours but does not complete.  It connects to desktop through netgear router.  Do we need to redo sync set?  Why can restored laptop not complete sync to desktop?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ladybt28
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 2008-sync problem

I wish to report that this particular problem is solved by exporting a new remote database.  However now I have lost e-mail connectivity to outlook.  the error report shows that that the "address book not configured properly but shows the previous database name MedisaveLaptop1 as being the attached database.  Have used knowledgebase to find icons, extension files, add remove database in outlook etc but cannot fix?  Any suggestions?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ladybt28
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

I wish to report that this particular problem is solved by exporting a new remote database.  However now I have lost e-mail connectivity to outlook.  the error report shows that that the "address book not configured properly but shows the previous database name MedisaveLaptop1 as being the attached database.  Have used knowledgebase to find icons, extension files, add remove database in outlook etc but cannot fix?  Any suggestions?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Normal backup software won't backup a SQL database properly. You should use ACT! Backup to produce a ZIP file, then have your backup software backup that file.

So, as you found, re-cutting a new RDB is the answer.

To your next problem, try disabling the Outlook integration and re-creating it... or delete the database and cut a ne RDB with the same database name as the original one