Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 stopped sending email all together

Act 2008 stopped sending email all together

I have been using Act 2008 for a few months, now suddenly I start to have all sorts of problems with email:

- I use Internet mail with Act 2008 10.0.3

- Would like to be able to do mail merge and send to group contacts

Problems:

1. I can do mail merge to the group contacts, but the emails stay in Draft folder. I cannot delete it - when attempt, it says "an invalid argument has incurred". I cannot send them out either - it simply stays in Draft folder and does nothing.

2. Tried to send a test message but it wouldn't go either. They just stuck in the draft folders.

3. Also seems Act doesn't pick up the group contacts' email address correctly. After first few, it starts to corrupt - name doesn't show correctly and no address link anymore.

How do I solve these problems? I use Windows Vista and Windows Mail. Do not have Outlook or Outlook Express.

Thanks a lot.

rachel

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2008 stopped sending email all together

Try going to KB 23028 in our Knowledgebase and downloading and installing Hotfix 1

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Act 2008 stopped sending email all together

I too have been experiencing problems between ACT 2008 (10.0) version and the VISTA version of Outlook.  I'll perform an email merge and only about 1/3 of the contacts sent (wether it is 30 or 300) will actually be sent - the rest just hang out in the outbox.  The only way to clear them is to reopen and hit send.  I installed the hotfix some time ago but it has not corrected the problem.  Any other suggestions?