Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 fails to open

Act! 2008 fails to open

Act! 2008 fails to open. Error message: "Act! by Sage has encountered a problem and needs to close." Any ideas?

Re: Act! 2008 fails to open

I am running into the same problem today. Everything was fine last night and this morning it won't open.

The message I am getting is:
Act.Outlook.service.exe application error
Process ID = 0xaa0(2720), Thread ID = 0xaa4(2724)

A Microsoft Upgrade affected ACT and Quickbooks. Check Intuit and Microsoft web site for cure. I fixed all my computers except for the Act on mine because Act tech support was not aware and told me to uninstall. There is a fix it does work.

Could someone post a url to this fix Ive search both Msof and Quicken and nothing seems to pop up. Thanks

I just had a problem with my Quickbooks, which was related to Microsoft .NET upgrades. There is a link here describing the problem: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/pages/knowledgebasearticle/1009275 I used the bugfix application referred to here to uninstall my .NET applications and reinstalled .Net 2.0. (Trying to uninstall .Net through the control panel kept failing!) I managed to complete this process and now Quickboooks is working, but Act is misbehaving!! After rebooting, I can open Act 2008, but when I close it I get a message saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", after which I cannot reopen it until after I reboot!

rgmyers has posted the right URL. I had the same problems with both ACT and Quickbooks. When I tried to uninstall .NET 2.0, I got an error message. I spent 2 hours last night with Microsoft tech support who finally uninstalled .NET 2.0 using a utility they knew about and then reinstalling v.1.1, service packs for 1.1, then v. 2.0 and its service packs. After all of that, both ACT and Quickbooks worked. But the automatic downloads for MS SQL Server Express 2005 are still failing. When I tried to uninstall SQL Server I got an error message. Think my version may have been corrupted. Even though my ACT works now, I'd like to fix this SQL Server issue so that the automatics updates from Microsoft do not fail. Any ideas on how I can uninstall SQL Server? Any free-ware utilities on the Internet?