Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 crashing after reinstall

Act! 2008 crashing after reinstall

I am using Act! 2008 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1 with the Gold release of Act link for Quickbooks 4.0. After a complete reinstall of Act (first uninstalling SQL Server 2005, then Act), Act runs fine for about 15-20 minutes, then crashes with the message "The application has encountered an error and has been shut down. Would you like to report the error?" All links work fine (documents on the documents tab, the Quickbooks contacts that are linked). The program simply crashes.

Re: Act! 2008 crashing after reinstall

FPGprint,

Did the crashes start happening after you installed ACT! link for QuickBooks?  If you uninstall the QuickBooks link, does ACT! still crash?

That was my next step - I didn't want to do anything else before receiving some suggestions. I'm going to uninstall the link now.

I have had similar problem.  Problem began after recent QuickBooks 2008 update.  Prior to installation of update, QuickBooks 2008, Act Link for QB 4.0 and Act 10.3 working okay.  Only way to keep Act! from crashing was to uninstall Act Link for QuickBooks.

I'm having the same problem with ACT 2009 Locking up.  Bought ACT 2009 then Link 4.0 then Quickbooks 2008.  I've spent hundreds of dollars and dozens of hours over the last month and still no solution.   No help with at least 15 calls to customer support. Now they are point the finger at Quickbooks but I know the problem is with ACT LINK.   Any help out there?

ezfx,

Please see this thread.