Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 and V-Phone

Act 2008 and V-Phone

I have been trying like mad to get the dialer in Act 2008 to work with Vonage's v-phone, but I'm finding this most difficult since the v-phone does not install any drivers that Act recognizes. Please illuminate me, perhaps I am not looking at this from the right perspective. Thanks, Jose Sanchez
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2008 and V-Phone

I will try it. Thanks, Jose
Tuned Listener

Jose,

I too would like to configure my Vonage account to work with my version of ACT (2007).

I downloaded the tapi user manual (referred to in previous thread) but it seems to be a Skype solution vs. Vonage?

Besides, how & where do you connect the RS232 chord into the Vonage modem vs. directly into the phone unit?

Best,

Neil
Nickel Elite Contributor

Because the ACT! dialer works through the Windows dialer, the thing to check is to see if the windows dialer will work with Vonage.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Apparently, there is an addon for Vonage that adds TAPI to it, which will allow itTAPI to connect ACT! via Vonage.

As I don't have Vonage (it's not in Australia), I haven't been able to test it, but their saite seems to indicate their PRO version adds TAPI

I was told by a Vonage tech that for Click 2 Call to work within ACT!, the following ports need to be unlocked: 5060-5061 and 10000-20000. Having said that, i haven't a clue what it means nor how to use the information.Can someone please translate that into a set of simple to follow instructions. Thanks. Paul