Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 and Outlook - I have looked at the other posts but I still can't send email.

Act! 2008 and Outlook - I have looked at the other posts but I still can't send email.

I am attempting to install ACT! 2008  as a trial with a view to buying 10 Licences but am getting a bit discouraged. I have installed as required. The PC is running XP Home, Outlook 2002, and a trial install of ACT! 2000 Premium. All are updated fully. Email is set to use ACT email application, not Outlook. Word editing is off, ACT contact file is added as is ACT local folder.

When emailing everything seems to work as required until sending and recieving. When I send the email it will lodge itself in the Outlook outbox. If I go to Outlook itself and press send and receive, the mail will not go. If I now go to Outlook itself, open the mail, press send, then press send & receive it will go. Nothing is ever received when in ACT! but again when in Outlook itself receive works fine.

The mail will be recorded under the history of the contact in ACT!

The two ACT! buttons have appeared in Outlook on the toolbar and the setup tab has also appeared in email preferences. ACT! contacts are present in Outlook if I look for a contact directly.

Is there anything else I can try? If I have missed something already published on this forum could you point me too it and accept my apologies. Thanks for looking. 

Re: Act! 2008 and Outlook - I have looked at the other posts but I still can't send email.

Headroomsan,

Do you have both applications open at the same time?  Disable any antivirus program that could be scanning outgoing emails.  

Try the following KB article.

E-mail Messages Sent from ACT! Remain in the Microsoft Outlook Outbox

Re: Act! 2008 and Outlook - I have looked at the other posts but I still can't send email.

Dear Sir,

I have tried with both open and one at a time. It appears to make no difference.

Disable outgoing email scan? OK, I have not tried that. I will do so and follow tha article link.

Thanks 

Copper Elite Contributor

I am unclear as to why you have two trial versions of Act! installed, version 2008 and Premium 2000...unless it was a typo.  Still, why both.  I suggest you remove both trials, as there may be a conflict, and commit to one or the other and install that version.  Then try to resolve your e-mail problem, if it exists.

Dear Mr. Wright,

The ACT 2000 was a typo - I meant 2008. It is the only version I have running.

Max Behan 

Copper Elite Contributor

Max,

You really don't have a lot of options at this point.  I would suggest the following:

1. Ensure Act! 2008 is updated to the latest version, 10.0.3.  You can obtain the update here: Act!2008 Update 10.0.3
  2. Ensure Outlook XP is updated to the lastest service pack, SP3.  You can obtain the update here: OfficeXP SP3 - Please note, you must have SP1 installed prior to SP3.  You can find out what your current version is by going to Help | About in any Office program, it will show the version number and then Nothing, SP1, or SP3.
  3. Finally, there is this fix from Act!: Answer ID 14160 - E-mail Messages Sent from ACT! Remain in the Microsoft Outlook Outbox

Between these three options, you should be able to correct your problem.  If these options do not work, you will probably have to remove and re-install Act!  Good Luck.

MrWright