Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 and Outlook 2003 Synchronization

Act! 2008 and Outlook 2003 Synchronization

Any recommendations on the best add-on program for bi-directional synchronizing of contacts, calendar, to-do, etc. between Act! 2008 and Outlook 2003?

I am currently evaluating DoubleLook.

Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2008 and Outlook 2003 Synchronization

You should evaluate Companion Link http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/index.html .  They have a 14 day trial and you will be amazed on how good it works.  I have used it for about a month with no problems. I have some other technical issues with ACT2008/Outlook 2003. But I do not feel they are related to this program.

FYI ...Companion link has been around for a long time. The first version allowed Act notes to syc with Palm Pilots.

Good Luck

Yes Companion Link is great.  I have been using them even when they were DataSync.

Thanks all.

DoubleLook, which I just completed evaluating, is one of the CompanionLink products. DoubleLook worked ok; a few issues; no bells and whistles; and I believe a little costly for the limited functionality.

It's not always an easy task. Outlook doesn't support as much data nor link activities to the contacts.

DoubleLook is the option used when you have a corporate who uses Outlook but a dept who uses ACT! and you need to be able to show the non-ACT! users what you're doing

What are some of the 'other' ACT2008/Outlook 2003 issues.
I use Outlook 2003 and am evaluating ACT 2008.
My goal is to be able to synch ALL DATA INCLUDING CONTACTS as seamlessly as possible.
It is important because I use BBery in the field and synch w Outlook 2003 everyday. I do not want to learn later, that CONTACTS I added on the BBerry & synched with Outlook did not synch with ACT.

To sync with Outlook, you need to use DoubleLook from www.CompanionLink.com - you can download a trial and test it. If you decide to order, use the code GL6766 to knock a few dollars off the price.

But, as Outlook doesn't support all the fields and information in ACT!, you won't get all your data. Also, as Outlook doesn't link activities to contacts, new activities you create will all be associated with your My Record.

If you don't really need Outlook, but just want all the data on the Blackberry, the best solution is Handheld Contact - go to the link and you can set up a 14 day trial