Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 and MS Word 2007 - lost access

Copper Contributor

Act 2008 and MS Word 2007 - lost access

I have checked through the messages and can't seem to find this posted.  In the last few days I lost the ability in Act 2008 to use MS Word 2007 as the word processor.  The only choice is the Act word processor.  In the forums there are discussions about checking in word options add-ins for mscoree.dll.  It is showing in my system as inactive, and I cannot change this to active because I get an error message "the connected state of office addins registered in Hkey-local-machine cannot be changed."  The only changes to my system since this has occurred was a change from McAfee Virusscan plus to Norton 360 version 2.0.  There were also windows office updates last week.  I dont know whether this is a Norton issue, an Office issue where updates last week changed something, or an Act issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  thanks

Brian
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2008 and MS Word 2007 - lost access

First turn off Vista UAC as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/25xuzo

If that doesn't work, maybe try
Open the registry editor from Start, Run, regedit. Navigate to HKLM\Software\Office\Outlook\Addins
Open the LoadBehavior value for each registered addin in HKLM.
Set LoadBehavior to 2.
Do that with Outlook not running.
To re-enable with Outlook not running return the LoadBehavior value to its previous value usually 3 (except for Outlook VBA which is 9).

Actually, first try disabling the Office Plug-In... that might be the culprit
Copper Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions.  After posting my message, and reading other messages in the forum, I tried running the diagnostic repair in MS Office.  It completed and said that it found no issues.  Just a little while ago I was back in Act, and checked again at preferences, and MS Word reappeared as a choice for word processor within Act.  So I dont know if this diagnostic in Word reset something or what happened, but all seems fine now.  I will make note of your suggestions and if it happens again I will try what you suggested. 

Brian

Sounds like NAV locked those keys and the Office Diagnostic reset them. Thanks for posting the solution for others to be aware of