Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 and Act for Palm Treo 700P

ce

Act 2008 and Act for Palm Treo 700P

Does anyone have experience with Act 2008 and hot sync with ACT for Palm.  I have a treo 700P.  I am wondering if it syncs properly and if there are any problems.  I am currently syncing to Agendus Pro.

Re: Act 2008 and Act for Palm Treo 700P

Yes, the two programs will sync with each other.  But can't guarantee if you'll encounter any issues with the process.

I have windows vista, Palm software, Treo 700p and ACT!2007. I have spent hours on the phone with someone in India who said I had to use an older version of Hotsync to allow my Treo to sync with ACT!

I spent a lot more time uninstalling the new palm software and installing the older version (I was told to use 4.0.1) but now I find out that that version is not Vista compatible.

Any suggetions on how to get my Treo 700P to sync with ACT!2007 on my Windows Vista?

cking,

In ACT! 2007, ACT! Link for Palm OS® and ACT! Link for Pocket PC is not compatible with Vista. You will not be able to use ACT! Link for Palm OS and ACT! Link for Pocket PC on a Vista Operating System.

Its documented on the following KB article under Compatibility with ACT! Products.

ACT! by Sage Compatibility with Microsoft® Windows Vista™, Office 2007 and Internet Explorer® v7.0

Tuned Listener

I am running Act! 2008 and the latest Act! Link for Palm w/a Treo 700P and it works wonderfully.  However, when the mahcine boots Vista will prevent the Hotsync configuration from properly loading.  Hotsync will load, but none of the conduits will work.  I resolved this by turning-off the Vista "User Account Control" (which I found to be a PITA anyway). 

Previously, when-ever my mahcine booted I would get the "Couldn't start certain apps..." error and sure enough it was the ACt! Link that wasn't starting-up.  Turning-off Account Control solved that and now it syncs correctly.

I tries to figure out how to get the Act! Link to load while leaving the Account Control on, but I could not figure it out.  If someone else has, let me know.

-Brian

--------------------------
Regards,

Brian Myers
Dataweb USA Inc.
www.datawebusa.com
1-888-Dataweb (328-2932)

If there are problems in the sync process, how do you resolve??  I have the sync almost complete but prior to completion the phone notes appears:  Honsync operation was interrupted.  Some of your data was not backed up.  For detailes, tap Hotsync log on the Hotsync screen.

When log is reviewed, the messages says:  Hotsync operaton was terminated.  Some of your dagta was NOT backed up.  System Sychronization failed

I when I look at ACT on the my laptop and at the phone, no activities or contact changes were changed.  Up to about 30 days ago, the sync with ACT 2008 and my laptop(running Vista) ran well. 

I have had the new upgrade for ACT 2009(11.0) for about the same 30 days and want to upgrade but I want to sync first so I don't blow all the information placed on my Treo.

What can I do to resolve this issue?  IF you need to call, you have my number!

Thanks!

Try DoubleLook from Companionlink--great product with a lot of flexibility

Thanks for the post, I forgot I had dlook installed on my computer still before I abandoned ACT 2007 for outlook.  I need to start using act again for the reports. and have upgraded FREE my doublelook program.  I am also syncing with outlook / vzwireless but have that off for the initial sync. 

Question= the initial sync is taking forever and I need to get some reports completed by tomorrow.  is there any internal settings I can change to speed the process up.  I'm willing to walk away for an hour but it looks like if I leave it on its own it will take overnight.

Thanks for any replies.

deBB