Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 & Outlook 2007 - Emails are not always recorded in Act!

Copper Contributor

Act! 2008 & Outlook 2007 - Emails are not always recorded in Act!

It seems Act! will only be updated that an email was SENT and not RECEIVED. How do I get received emails to record into my contact history? Also it sometimes I have to goto TOOLS > OUTLOOK ACTIVITY to get the SENT emails to show in the history.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2008 & Outlook 2007 - Emails are not always recorded in Act!

Emails recieved are not automatically attached - you need to use the 'Attach to ACT! Contact' button in Outlook to attach the emails.  Sometimes sent emails don't display straight away in the history, this can either be because they haven't been processed by the History Queue or it can be a refresh issue, give it a minute or two after emailing and try moving through a few contacts and back again.  You don't need to go tools -> outlook activites to display them (in fact this is probably just causing a refresh which will be why you see the histories after)

Tom
Copper Contributor

You have got to be kidding me. There is absolutely no way to have Act! automatically update when an email is received? I have to attach each one individually? It wouldn't be so bad if when I clicked ATTACH TO ACT! COMMENTS if the search field was already populated with the email you were sending to. Now if I would have purchased the most expensive version of Act! would it support auto attaching of emails to contacts?

TDavis wrote:
Emails recieved are not automatically attached - you need to use the 'Attach to ACT! Contact' button in Outlook to attach the emails. Sometimes sent emails don't display straight away in the history, this can either be because they haven't been processed by the History Queue or it can be a refresh issue, give it a minute or two after emailing and try moving through a few contacts and back again. You don't need to go tools -> outlook activites to display them (in fact this is probably just causing a refresh which will be why you see the histories after)
Tom

Copper Contributor

If you are using Outlook 2007 click the Add-Ins tab on the toolbar area.

Frankieplus wrote:
I don't seem to have any 'act!' buttons anywhere in outlook. Nothing in outlook tools -> options either. Any idea why? -Frankie

What tab in the toobar area? Yeah am using Outlook 2007 but can't seem to find anyt tabs. -Frankie
Nickel Super Contributor

Frankie - Have you set up an ACT! address book in Outlook yet?  I suspect this is your problem.

Tom

I have the same issue. I have ACT 2008, outlook 2007 and there is no "attach to ACT" button in outlook. This is not available in the addons tab and yes I set up the ACT address book. help!

Copper Contributor

pedromorel wrote:

I have the same issue. I have ACT 2008, outlook 2007 and there is no "attach to ACT" button in outlook. This is not available in the addons tab and yes I set up the ACT address book. help!

When you are viewing the message there will be a tab up top for Add-Ins.  Click that and you should see the Act! buttons if you have setup Act! to use Outlook as your Email Client.

Copper Contributor

What I don't understand is when you hit the "Attach to Act! Contacts" it will usually pull up the person you want to save it under.  Why can't it just automatically do that?

I've got this same problem

All was ok until I updated to 10.2

Am using outlook 2007