Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 a great improvement

Act 2008 a great improvement

I was ready to ditch Act for another program. Instead, I decided to give the sales person one last opportunity to resolve previous problems. I am just glad I got Chris in sales. He not only convinced me that they had resolved the issues I had been having, but he also fixed almost all of my problems and helped me find a program that allowed my PDA phone to synch with Act, solving a problem I had. I am now extremely happy with Act.
Tuned Listener

Re: Act 2008 a great improvement

Congrats!  Would you mind elaborating on your problems and PDA solution?

Thanks
Russell

I'm having the same dilemna of ditching or upgrading.  Is 2008 any faster than version 9?

When I went to the previous version - 2006 - I lost all of my templates and my layouts and they wouldn't help me at all. Chris Smith, the salesman, offered to correct all of those problems, which he did, and he also showed me several other things like Swift page for email.

For the PDA, he suggested Double Look by Companion Link. I bought it for $100, but now I don't have to carry my old Dell Axim and my Nokia E62. It was simple and it works very well. Plus Double Look is a lifetime free tech support company, though it is not an 800 number (who needs that in this day and age.)

It takes a few minutes to load, but I never had any other problems with speed. It is faster when you try to change the month of a scheduled call. I used to tell my business partners that I hated Act and was switching to a competitor. But I now am a happy customer.

I’m curious as to the problems you were having with ACT and I’m assuming you had ACT 2007 and upgraded to ACT 2008.

Just at note, I have been using Companion Link to sync for years.  Yes they give great tech support. I did have problems with reoccurring appointments not clearing out, but my Outlook is on a Microsoft Exchange Server, so I sync to Outlook from ACT and my PDA syncs to the exchange server through ActiveSync.  That is wireless.  I scheduled through Windows, several syncs each day.  That makes it automatic.