Act 2008 - Using Internet Mail & Gmail

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 2008 - Using Internet Mail & Gmail

[ Edited ]

Problem Solved!!Smiley Happy

Hi,

I am a new Act user.

I am using Internet Mail and get my gmail through it.  So far I have been successful in setting up the outgoing mail server (it passes the test connection) but I can't get the incoming mail server set up to pass the test.  Any suggestions??

EDIT:  I have been reading on the forums, so I guess this isn't possible??  So can I use Internet Mail instead of the email through ACT and have my email history still recorded?  If so, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks

Christy

Message Edited by clm19950 on 08-05-2008 06:31 PM
Message Edited by clm19950 on 08-05-2008 09:25 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author clm19950
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act 2008 - Using Internet Mail & Gmail

You're correct, ACT! internet mail will not integrate directly with Gmail because it requires custom ports.  You add your Gmail to Outlook (recommended) or Outlook Express, then integrate ACT! to whatever you've chose.  This will allow you to record email history.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author clm19950
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You're correct, ACT! internet mail will not integrate directly with Gmail because it requires custom ports.  You add your Gmail to Outlook (recommended) or Outlook Express, then integrate ACT! to whatever you've chose.  This will allow you to record email history.

thanks David...so how do I add gmail to outlook
Copper Super Contributor

This is something you do in Outlook so you will need instructions on how to add an account to Outlook E-mail provided by Outlook Help or GMail Help.

Here is a solution you may find helpful "Add Your Gmail Account to Outlook 2007" http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/internet/gmail/add-your-gmail-account-to-outlook-2007/ 

Good luck with it!

Dave Worral
ACC@Customer-IT.com
ACT! Consultant & Premier Trainer
Copper Elite Contributor

There is also a good set of step by step instructions on Richard Brust's site for Outlook 2003 users.

The blog entry was dated 2/7/09.  Just go to www.rbrdatasolutions.com, click on ACT! Blog and

browse back to the entry. 

So, why, as popular as gmail is, doesn't Act! make this simple correction?  It would be extremely useful to a lot of your loyal customers.

Randy