Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 -- URLS / Links in Details spawns Multiple Tabs (Windows) in Browser

Copper Contributor

Act! 2008 -- URLS / Links in Details spawns Multiple Tabs (Windows) in Browser

If I click on a URL 1 time in the details section of an activity, it will spawn mutliple tabs in FireFox.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2008 -- URLS / Links in Details spawns Multiple Tabs (Windows) in Browser

ACT! is not supported with Firefox, so this may be a compatibility issue.  If you change your default browser to Internet Explorer, does the same thing happen.  I was unable to reproduce this issue using Internet Explorer 7 (which uses tabbed browsing).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 2008 -- URLS / Links in Details spawns Multiple Tabs (Windows) in Browser

ghollister wrote:

ACT! is not supported with Firefox, so this may be a compatibility issue.  If you change your default browser to Internet Explorer, does the same thing happen.  I was unable to reproduce this issue using Internet Explorer 7 (which uses tabbed browsing).

Are you serious?   FireFox is an internet browser.  It supports it enough to open a new tab, why not do it correctly and only open one.

Just checked with IE and it does the same thing. 

Add FireFox support, IE stinks.