Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2008 -- Oddities...

Copper Contributor

Act! 2008 -- Oddities...

Has anyone noticed some basic Windows functions don't always act right or operate at all?

IE -

I have to right click a field and click paste instead of CTRL-V, same for copy and CTRL-C or cut and CTRL-X.

Drag and drop isn't always nice in Calendar.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2008 -- Oddities...

I've found ctrl-V sometimes doesn't work and I have to paste... but not all the time, and not just in ACT!.

Doesn't happen enough for me to have tracked it down

Copper Contributor

<sarcasm> Yeah copy and paste are really over rated.  Mouse clicks are better. </sarcasm>

GLComputing wrote:

I've found ctrl-V sometimes doesn't work and I have to paste... but not all the time, and not just in ACT!.

Doesn't happen enough for me to have tracked it down

Copper Contributor

Are thier any stability patches in the future for Act! 2008?  The resources this program uses is unreal.  I have a Core 2 Duo system with 4GB of RAM and Act! will bring this sytem to a crawl.
Champion Listener

I've found that with CTRL-V if you enter it twice it will paste.  Haven't kept track, but I think that 100% of the time a second CTRL-V will paste the CTRL-C info.

Dan P. Beckner

Nickel Contributor

Check to see what your processes are in descending order under the Task Manager.

SQL server typically uses the most, but if you're much over 256MB for SQL then somethings amiss.

Also check to see that you're virtual memory is set to use the full 4096MB allowed for the swap file.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Copper Contributor

kquigley wrote:

Check to see what your processes are in descending order under the Task Manager.

SQL server typically uses the most, but if you're much over 256MB for SQL then somethings amiss.

Also check to see that you're virtual memory is set to use the full 4096MB allowed for the swap file.

I don't know what you are talking about, but I don't have any processes using 256MB at the moment.  I can recheck when my Control-C / Contro-V doesn't work any more.

I am honestly beside myself that an "ACT! Evangelist" would be fine with basic Windows functionallity disappearing in this software.  I feel like I should have done better shopping for my CRM.

It's not just in the ACT! program, the same thing happens to me in WordPad which I use as my VB script editor for reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Roy_Laudenslage wrote:
It's not just in the ACT! program, the same thing happens to me in WordPad which I use as my VB script editor for reports.

I have never encountered this in my 15+ years of using computers before Act!  What is causing this? 

Because Windows, not the individual program, controls the interface to the video display, keyboard and mouse, I would suspect that Windows is the guilty party.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129