Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 - DateTime ... not supported in calendar System.Globalization.Gregorian calendar

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 2008 - DateTime ... not supported in calendar System.Globalization.Gregorian calendar

All was good, no errors. 

Purged several years of old data, completed ok, reindexed correctly, everything fine. 

Restart Act and error arises, no tasks appear in task list. 

ERROR Reads:  "The DateTime represented by the string is not supported in calendar System.Globalization.Gregorian calendar"

If you go to a contact or other window, all the data is there.

Help.  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rpetrus1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act 2008 - DateTime ... not supported in calendar System.Globalization.Gregorian calendar

FIXED.  Long story short: Create empty database and import the database (with the problems) into it. Then, old cleared activities successfully are removed.

Specifically, the problem existed 1522 days back.  That is where the Maintenance removal of old data would fail.

This was an old database that existed before version 6.  Very old.  My guess is some Ver 6 data was not being recognized or able to be handled with Act 2008 (10.0), and so the DateTime error was generated when the old data delete ran. 

I'm a single user and just haven't deleted the old stuff ..... It has been so long (23,000 OLD histories and 9,000 OLD activities) since I did a purge - but then again it may have been that a error was generated, so I restored and just went forward.

In any event, the "new" imported database was 15meg smaller, now around 45meg.  The purge of cleared activities ran flawlessly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rpetrus1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act 2008 - DateTime ... not supported in calendar System.Globalization.Gregorian calendar

FIXED.  Long story short: Create empty database and import the database (with the problems) into it. Then, old cleared activities successfully are removed.

Specifically, the problem existed 1522 days back.  That is where the Maintenance removal of old data would fail.

This was an old database that existed before version 6.  Very old.  My guess is some Ver 6 data was not being recognized or able to be handled with Act 2008 (10.0), and so the DateTime error was generated when the old data delete ran. 

I'm a single user and just haven't deleted the old stuff ..... It has been so long (23,000 OLD histories and 9,000 OLD activities) since I did a purge - but then again it may have been that a error was generated, so I restored and just went forward.

In any event, the "new" imported database was 15meg smaller, now around 45meg.  The purge of cleared activities ran flawlessly.