Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2008 Dashboard Problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 2008 Dashboard Problem

It is Sunday. My calendar has several activities and the task list is not empty. On the dashboard these items are showing in the "Activity List" window. However, the "My Schedule at-a-glance" windows is completely empty. I entered (manually) another activity and refreshed the dashboard. Still this window is empty. The optional settings are correct, and something should be showing for today. Has anyone any idea why nothing is in the dashboard window?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author magreenfield
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2008 Dashboard Problem

[ Edited ]
Thanks!  I don't know if this will work for the Real Estate version of ACT.  I'm a little hesitant to attempt this without knowing for sure it is the right version for me.  I'll do a little more checking and maybe give it a try.  Smiley Happy

Skip

Message Edited by skip1860 on 04-07-2008 09:44 PM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

I have the same problem, its Sunday and no activies, calls, appointments etc are showing in the activity list window(dashboard) even do I have several showing in my calendar and tak list. PLease help!
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
Yes, I am having the same problem.  I worked for serveral hours changing the Dashboard, creating a new Dashboard, but nothing worked.  I have not noticed the issue before, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening.  I have been using Act 2008 for Real Estate since it's release this year.  I have updated to the newest update 10.02.  Could this newest update cause this issue?

Whoops!  I currently have:    ACT! for Real Estate Version 10.0.1.199

When I check for updates, the messages states that I have the lastest update.

Recap:  Sundays are the only days that do NOT show any items in the "My Schedule At-A-Glance".  Today, Monday, 04/07/08, all items are listed properly.

Thank you for any assistance!

Skip

Message Edited by skip1860 on 04-07-2008 08:32 AM
Copper Contributor

Found solution to the problem. I had to manualy download the lastest version of ACT! 08 which is 10.0.2.191. I had the previous version i think it was 10.0.0.237 or something like that. I tried to update my software using the update option on the software but I had the same answer always "you are using the lastest version of ACT 2008. After talking to tech support they gave me the following link to download the 10.0.2.191 version which can only be manually download it due to problems with the software update option. This is the link:

Once you donwload it, uninstall all previous versions and install act 08 10.0.2.191.To test the update, change the date in your windows program and go back to April Sunday 6th (right bottom corner of the desktop), open ACT with the update already installed in your computer and create a activity, you will finally see it in your dashboard. I did saw it in mine, problem fixed.

Martin
Solution
Accepted by topic author magreenfield
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
Thanks!  I don't know if this will work for the Real Estate version of ACT.  I'm a little hesitant to attempt this without knowing for sure it is the right version for me.  I'll do a little more checking and maybe give it a try.  Smiley Happy

Skip

Message Edited by skip1860 on 04-07-2008 09:44 PM
Copper Contributor

I was able to eliminate the problem by performing a complete reinstallation (the usual solution with Act). This means removed all versions of Act and .netframework. You must use the .netframework uninstall (cleanup) tool from Microsoft, because the Act uninstaller does not do a complete job of this, and it will interfere with your reinstallation of Act!

After having performed this, the problem disappeared. This is an indication that (once again) Act has a problem with the corruption of some settings or files. Does anybody have any idea why this occurs so frequently with Act? I've never run into another program that corrupts its settings so frequently.