Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2007 ver.9 calendar is very slow!, Please Help!

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 2007 ver.9 calendar is very slow!, Please Help!

we use Act 2007, ver 9.0.  We have 3 users that share a database through a local network.  It has only been real recent (within the past month), that we have started to have a problem with the speed of processing, especially calendar items.  Also, this problem is only happening on 2 of the 3 computers.  I have gone through activity history and deleted almost all of the items that are past date, but that is still not helping.  We really need the program to run like it once was ASAP.  We only have about 400 contacts in the system.  I'd appreciate any help with this.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daisy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2007 ver.9 calendar is very slow!, Please Help!

It turns out the problem was with a new windows XP Service Pack 3 update.  I uninstalled that Service Pack on the 2 computers with the problems and everything is working like before with no delays.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

ANYBODY??????
Platinum Elite Contributor

With it happening on only two of three systems, I would suspect a problem with the network itself.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

This is the only program we are experiencing this problem with, and it is only on the calendar and activities.  one of the computer's that is having the problem is the main database computer.
Copper Contributor

Could it have anything to do with the Version of Act including Hotfixes etc., or possibly with new Windows (updates) downloads?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Not likely
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daisy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

It turns out the problem was with a new windows XP Service Pack 3 update.  I uninstalled that Service Pack on the 2 computers with the problems and everything is working like before with no delays.

I was thinking that the new ver on net passport  might be the problem.  I have the same problem and more the calendar keep on advanceing into the future it is now on the year 2025 which seems like a stoping point for this program  act 2007 ver 9