Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2007 | services.msc

Tuned Listener

Act! 2007 | services.msc

[ Edited ]
One of the remote users had to run services.msc and restart SQL Server (Act7) today. This was also a problem last time she tried to open it a few weeks ago. I checked to make sure Act was listed as an exception with windows firewall. Also, I checked the SQL Server Configuration Manager and everything looked fine.

Is there something else we could check other than running services.msc whenever she needs to open ACT?
Message Edited by jmurray on 08-26-2008 11:27 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2007 | services.msc

You'll also want to make sure that SQL and the Protexis Service is added as an exception as well.

Tuned Listener

I used my computer as a guidline, because ACT works fine on mine, and neither of us have SQL listed.   Is there anything else?
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you find the service is stopped after a reboot, then it may not be in the computer's startup configuration.

Go to Start/Run and type "msconfig".  When the utility comes up, go to Services tab and make sure that SQL ACT7 is checked.  If the service continues to stop, then there may be a third-party security software hitting or you may have a bad install of SQL.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

I found Act7 was checked.  Maybe it is a security issue, she has a laptop and our companies laptops have more security than the desktops.    

Thanks for your time.

Tuned Listener

But I am up for any other suggestions.