Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2007 and Outlook 2000

Act 2007 and Outlook 2000

Hi,

I have installed Act 2007 on new laptop, plenty of memory, RAM, etc. I am using Outlook 2000, was able to integrate the two, but now Outlook is slow to open, crashes, and other MS programs are slow to open. In addition sometime Act crashes, is very very  slow at times.  Called support they suggested it was CPU, but I have been monitoring CPU usage and it rarely ramps up over 50%.

Any feedback on how to fix problem?

Thanks.

B

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2007 and Outlook 2000

What CPU?

How much RAM? 1GB is usually considered a recommended minimum.

How fast is the hard drive in RPM?

Michael,

Excuse my tech ignorance and please bear with me. The memory is 1GB, the hd has 57 gb of free space. The processor is AMD TL 50 if that matters. Can't find the RPM, will check docs when back at office, but know when I ordered laptop last fall I ordered top line.

Thanks,

Bill

Nickel Elite Contributor

You did not specify the make of your laptop so I can't make any specific suggestions. However, unless you special ordered your laptop, your hard drive speed is likely 5400 rpm but I don't think that is you main problem. I did a lookup of an HP laptop using the processor chip you listed and noted in the specification that the video processor can use up to 512 Mb of the system RAM for video RAM. From your description, I suspect that your laptop may be configured that way because your description of your problems sounds like a limited RAM system.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Hi Roy,

It is a Dell Inspiron 1501. So it sounds like the 1 GB of ram is insufficient, correct? Where would I look up how much ram the video processor would use? Would increase the memory to 2 GB solve the issue?

Thanks