Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2007 Version 9 - MAJOR ISSUE

Act 2007 Version 9 - MAJOR ISSUE

Hi

Im hoping someone can help with this. For the past 2 years we have had problems with Act. When switching from contact details to contacts lists, the system sometimes will crash and leave random red boxes with crosses through them where menus and icons were. There is then a dialog box with the message "Act has encountered a problem, please shut down the application", I restart then evertythings ok for a short while, then the same problem again.

We have been trying to sort this out for months with no luck. We have 2 addons which sage are blaming, however, the addon company state they hve had no reoprts of this issue caused by their software and I dont think its that.

I have searched on this and the general feeling is that its a memory or system resourse issue. If thats the case, has anyone found a solution to this or hs any suggestions on what we can try.

Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act 2007 Version 9 - MAJOR ISSUE

ms1972 - Which version of ACT!? (se Help|About ACT!).

What addons?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Hi Its Act 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1

The add ons are Automatic Field Calculations see http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=70 and Picture Viewer see http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=68 both by Exponenciel.

The picture view doesnt cause it because we installed that after we started having the problems.

Thanks.

Mark

Anyone have any ideas on this??

Thanks

How did support determine it was an issue with the addons?  Were the addons removed and ACT! no longer crashed?  "random red boxes with crosses through them where menus and icons were" sounds like a resource issue.  When you receieve the issue, check Task Manager to see the memory usage or ACT! and SQL.  Also close any unused applications and exclude ACT!+SQL from your security software.

Please provide the following information:

- OS

- Desktop or Laptop

- RAM

We have removed the add ons and still have the addons so it cannot be them.

OS is Windows XP Pro SP3

Laptop

RAM 4GB

Each time it crashes we have checked the log file and theres no mention that it even crashed. Its almost as if the display is struggling to load all the graphics, gives up and crashes so I woudl agree its a resource issue, but surely 4GB od memory is enough.