Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2007| Import

Tuned Listener

Act 2007| Import

I just imported some updated information in Act and some information from the txt file updated and some information stayed the same. 

Has anyone run into this before?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2007| Import

If you are trying to update data already in ACT!, the ACT! import won't do that. It can only add new contacts or import to blank fields.

To update data in ACT!, you need itImport - the Basic version should do it if you only want to update fields in the Contact or Company records.

Tuned Listener

I am trying to update two fields, I have done this once before and this is the first time I have had this problem. 

Tuned Listener

Replaced with newest company, seemed to work before.  Not sure what to tell you. 

That would replace the entire record, not just specific fields.

Have a look at this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5zdgy9

Item 13 explains the issue

Tuned Listener

So how come it worked for one file, half of another file, and none of one?

Without knowing what's in the data and the merge settings, it's not easy to say... it might have appeared to work, but actually been updating all fields, or the fields may have been empty and now that they have data, they can't be updated.
Tuned Listener

The only fields I had were the name of the company, the company specific number, and two other fields that change quarterly.  One group worked fine.  All txt files had the same fields and looked the same.  I know it worked for some companies and not for others.  I am going to try it again and make sure I write down what I did so I know for my future reference. Thanks for trying to help.

Post back if you find that you get a way to make it work... but would be very suprised.