Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2007 Contact Report problems

Act 2007 Contact Report problems

I have been an Act user dating back to 1995 with 1st Act.  I loaded my current licensed version of Act 2007 on a new replacement computer in my office.  I have the database operational but the Contact Report will not work.  I have looked at the “edit template” screen for this report and the layout for the report shows to be in tact and correct.   But when I select this report, the data within the report comes blank.  It seems like the contact data is locked out of the report.  The record creation settings are set to “public”.   Any suggestions on what I should do?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2007 Contact Report problems

The most likely cause is that the contact record you are printing does not have any Notes, History, Activities, etc. In the detail section of the report template change the Hide on Empty Subreport property to No.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for your input on my question.  I tested your suggestion and you were correct.  These were primarily new contacts added without notes or history.  I added a note and the contact report came up with the appropriate information contained in the report.  I've used ACT for years but have not used the editing portion of the program very much.  So I didn't know how to follow the instruction in the "edit template" layout, when you stated "In the detail section of the report template change the Hide on Empty Subreport property to No.".  I didn't know where to find the "Hide on Empty Subreport property to No".  How do I find that property?

Platinum Elite Contributor

That's in the properties panel. When you are in the report editor, press F4 or go to the View menu, Show Properties
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Got it.  Thanks for the info.  I appreciate your expertise. 
Platinum Super Contributor