Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2007 Calendar Freezes up when opened

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act! 2007 Calendar Freezes up when opened

Hi,

Has anyone had an issue with ACT! 2007 9.0 when you open the calendar?  When I open the calendar, everything locks up and I have to restart ACT!  I can't use the calendar to schedule anything.  Has anyone had the same problem? Any advice?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2009 Calendar Freezes up when opened

That definitely helps a lot!

The mini-calendars are produced by the ACT! preference files becoming corrupted; generally due to customized monitor DPI settings.  Here is an article with instructions for resetting DPI and how to rebuild the preference files: KB Article 21042

When rebuilding Preference files, use the section titled "Alternate Method: Manually Rebuilding Preferences".

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Act! 2007 Calendar Freezes up when opened

imarkventure,

Run database maintenance and fix known activity data issues from the ACT! Diagnostics.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

Copper Contributor

I have ACT! 2009 and the calendar started to slow up / freeze a week ago. It may be the result of a Windows update. 

When I click on the calendar it is very slow to load and when it does it loads with 6 months of mini calendar on the top of the screen with a few black lines below on a white background.   The horizontal scroll bar is missing the left arrow.

Hovering the mouse over teh white space will still cause activity pop up screens to show and double clicking will bring the activity up to modify, but you can't see the calendar. It doesn't matter what display you ask for this is what happens.

I have adjusted DPI / deleted preferences, deleted ".bac" files uninstalled and re-installed the software - nothing has worked so far.

Can you shed any light on this at all?  

Andrew Boardman
San Antonio Texas

I have the same issue except my whole screen goes black when I mouse into the calendar window. Tried reinstalling ACT! but, same thing happens on the fresh install. Tried deleting the preferences file (read in an old post about this issue) but that did not work. What can I do to fix the calendar?

Hello Gtc.Kris,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Can you provide some addtional information about your issue:

- What version of ACT! are you running?

- What is the computer operating system?

- Did this work before?

- Is this a shared database with other users?  Do they experience the same issue?

- Open the Demo database, does the issue occur there as well?

- When you say 'whole screen', are you refering to the ACT! calendar screen or your whole monitor?

Here is an article for a similiar issue, it could be the Hardware Acceleration setting: KB Article 18360

Greg Martin
Sage

Hope this helps.

- ACT! Premium 2009 Corp Edition EX Lic LVL A.

- Windows 7 Professional

- It has always worked before

- It is a shared database/ Other users do not have the issue

- The demo does not make the screen go black but it has the same view as the messed up database and the program goes unresponsive if I try to put it on the current month

- The whole monitor goes black, if I hit the Windows key it comes back, and it only happens when I mouse into the calendar screen. I can mouse around the edges of ACT! and it's fine, as soon as my mouse enters the calendar window...black. Very strange.

We are trying to get to the calendar view that is itemized. There is a row of monthly calendars (for 2027) across the top and there is nothing in the window below that row (where my mouse can't go). Usually there is a "list" or itemized view.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program completely and it still happened. Do you think I should delete all of the ACT! files before reinstalling?

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

That definitely helps a lot!

The mini-calendars are produced by the ACT! preference files becoming corrupted; generally due to customized monitor DPI settings.  Here is an article with instructions for resetting DPI and how to rebuild the preference files: KB Article 21042

When rebuilding Preference files, use the section titled "Alternate Method: Manually Rebuilding Preferences".

Greg Martin
Sage

Changing the DPI and manually rebuilding the preferences worked. Thanks for the help.