Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2007(9.0) with Outlook 2003 was working, now database error-looking for help.

Act 2007(9.0) with Outlook 2003 was working, now database error-looking for help.

Hi guys/girls,  I have a computer with the Act 2007 version 9.0 and Microsoft Office 2003.  It was working for

weeks just fine, and then I got an error message that reads:

The database Contacts 2 could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection

and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer

or the the server.

I have tried to disable the firewall - no luck. I have tried to restore - no luck. I'm not that computer savvy so any

assistance in any way would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Re: Act 2007(9.0) with Outlook 2003 was working, now database error-looking for help.

jdatis,

When do you get this error message?  Is it when opening Outlook or ACT!?  Is 'Contacts2' the name of your ACT! database?

Re: Act 2007(9.0) with Outlook 2003 was working, now database error-looking for help.

Hi Jdatis, Did you ever find a solution to this error? I'm experiencing the same problem on our server.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello ecicerone,

Welcome to the ACT! Community Forum...we are glad to have you here.  For the error you are experiencing, there could be several reasons as to why this is happening.

Please take a look at this Knowledgebase Article for assistance.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.