Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2007 9.0 does not see Outlook 2007 for email set up and Outlook does not see ACT

Act 2007 9.0 does not see Outlook 2007 for email set up and Outlook does not see ACT

Hello and please help I am getting a little crazed by this! I am trying to use ACT email and have many many issues. #1 Act can not access my email via internet mail, the outgoing server keeps failing - which is ok because I prefer to use outlook anyway but....

#2 Act does not recognize I have outlook. It is not an option. After reviewing the manual and some posts here, I checked and Outlook is my default email client both via Control Panel- internet options and Outlook settings.

#3 When I tried to add Acts address book to outlook, I only have the option to add a new outlook or mobile address book. It seems the two programs are not communicating at all.

Is there a fix? I do not want to use outlook express at all as it is too limited. I really want to send with Outlook. I also have ACT for dummies Smiley Happy and both the manual and the dummies book make it seem as if using Outlook with ACT for email should be a simple check box- but I do not have the check box.

I am running Windows XP ACT 2007 9.0 Outlook 2007

Thank you!!
Kim

Re: Act 2007 9.0 does not see Outlook 2007 for email set up and Outlook does not see ACT

[ Edited ]

Your version of Act may not support Outlook 2007 as that program changed formats and such. Here is a link to the Act instructions that may help: LINK

Not sure if it will, but you can review it to see if you have tried what they suggest. My immediate guess is that there needs to be an update to Act to support this version of Outlook, just as was needed when Outlook upgraded to 2003 and Act 6 needed a fix. You might be better off upgrading Act to v2008 as it is immensely better than 2007 - however it is all relative as v2008 still has a long way to go in my opinion! It does support Outlook 2007 though as this is what I use. Good luck...

{link shortened to fix scrolling issue}

Message Edited by tashina on 03-05-2008 06:12 PM

Re: Act 2007 9.0 does not see Outlook 2007 for email set up and Outlook does not see ACT

Kim,

This is exactly the problem I am having.  Did you figure it out?
Platinum Elite Contributor

sherylbaker wrote:
Kim,

This is exactly the problem I am having.  Did you figure it out?

The only real solution is to upgrade to ACT! 2008, which added support for the new Office 2007 formats
Tuned Listener

Really?

How come I have been using Act! 6 with Outlook 2007 for 5 months?

I just bought Act! 2007 and thought, my mistake, that such a basic feature
would be of course covered by Act! 2007. I should have checked before.

Now there is no way I again inject money in Act! 2008. What for?
Fortunatelly, knowing that I was interacting with Act!, based on all
my ugly experiences in being burned by them in the past, I first made
a Ghost copy of my computer. Then installed Act! 2007, saw that not surprisingly
it didn't work with Outlook 2007, and now restored my computer back to what it
was, meaning reverted to Act! 6 with Outlook 2007.
Works kind of ok now.

Steve
Steve JORDI

ACT! will do some functions with Outlook 2007 and not others. It will not talk to Word 2007
Platinum Elite Contributor

Mind you, I do find it funny that Microsoft changes the formats for Office you you find this is somehow Sage's fault?
Tuned Listener

If Outlook 2007 was that different, there is no reason that Act! 6 works with it. We're talking Outlook here not Word. And I don't blame Sage for Outlook's new format (if any), it's just that it should offer a patch to let Act! 2007 work with - as the name lets us think - Outlook... 2007
Steve JORDI

ACT! 6.0 only had a very basic address book functionality for Outlook... Outlook doesn't even see the ACT! database in 6.0. ACT! creates a text file with the addresses (the ABC and ABU files).

ACT! 9.0 and 10.0 are much more sophisticated in the integration... eg the ability to see an email sent from Outlook without ACT! and still have the History recorded in ACT!

Here's my question on this matter.  When we upgraded to new computers in our office, we also upgraded to Office 2007 and then found out that ACT would not support this product.  However, the ACT web site noted for many months that they were working on this and that it would support Office 2007 by the end of 2007.  Are they now telling us that we are being forced to upgrade to the 2008 version?  If so, this seems like a forced upgrade/money grab.