Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2007 (9.0) Problem - Error Message -Please Help

Act 2007 (9.0) Problem - Error Message -Please Help

I opened my Act database today and when I clicked on my calendar tab to see what was in store for next week, a error message came up that said, "ACT! has encountered an error.  Please shut down the application."
Has anyone had this happen befor and what can I do to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Re: Act 2007 (9.0) Problem - Error Message -Please Help

[ Edited ]
This just happened to me too! Last year about a week or so before DST changed, the same kind of error happened. It took about 10 days for the tech support guys at Sage to get a fix out. They must live in a bubble and not realize that these time changes happen every year. I'm going to check the ACT page right now and see if there is anything posted yet, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess we have to just guess at our schedules for the next week or so, or resort to paper, or another program........ I just changed the clock on my computer to 2/28 and ACT works fine. I think the error is either with DST coming up or Leap Year, but in any case, I'm syncing with my Palm right now so I have a current calendar.

Message Edited by akcountess on 03-01-2008 02:09 PM

Help! I just had the same problem with Act 2008, and it ain't time change yet. My business has come to a complete halt thanks to this darn program.
Copper Elite Contributor

I would suggest deleting the preferences for Act and relaunching the application, note: you will have to reset all word processor, email, and layout settings after you do this, but it's not a super huge deal. You will also probably have to manually go to file->open database and find your database. Clearing preferences, there is a probably a KB article on this, but it's pretty easy 1) close act 2) click start, run, type in %appdata%, hit enter 3) delete the act folder, if it doesn't let you delete everything, just go in a few levels and make sure the Preferences folder is gone, along with any files ending in .xml or .ser 4) restart act 5) after act is up again, make sure you are patched to the latest version of Act 9, which is 9.0.1.something, you can check this from Help->About Act!
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Just wondering what builds are you running from Help | about?

If not running ACT! 9.01 and Hotfix3, you might try downloading and applying the updates

Also try a database repair as per http://tinyurl.com/22tbm5