Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2006 "setup failed to configure the server, ref 2 the server error logs & set up error logs for more info"

Act 2006 "setup failed to configure the server, ref 2 the server error logs & set up error logs for more info"

Hello Everyone.

I need help. We are trying to install ACT Prem for Wkgrps, the progress bar gets toi the point where it says " Installing new services" and i get the error: "setup failed to configure the server, ref 2 the server error logs & set up error logs for more info" I have spent 2 days reading posts on many different websites and i cant seem to solve the issue. Are there any issues with .NET Framwork 4? Ive tryied with just >net 3.5 and 4. The computers are running XP SP3 with all current updates, AMD Phenom III cpus, nVidia mcp61 chipset, 2Gb ddr2, 160Gb HDD's. No other software has been installed these are all fresh installs.  Someone please help me out Im running out of time and options.

Thanks Everyone,

Scott Groeschl

sgroeschl@jsaonline.com

Re: Act 2006 "setup failed to configure the server, ref 2 the server error logs & set up error logs for more info"

Just an update. I noticed many known issues with SQL 2000 and 3x core CPU's. Would 2006 work with SQL 2005?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2006 "setup failed to configure the server, ref 2 the server error logs & set up error logs for more info"

Hello Scott,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. In answer to your question about ACT! 2006 and SQL 2005, those two will not work together. ACT! didn't start using SQL 2005 until 2007. In regards to the installation error, there could several reasons for this. Please see KB Article 14155 for more information. Also, make sure you are installing locally and not through a network or remotely.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.