Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2006 - error restoring to new server

Loyal Listener

Act 2006 - error restoring to new server

Environment: Windows SBS 2003 R2 Premium, Act!2006 Version 8.0.2.82

I am trying to restore a backup to a new server and received the error

" Act.Data.DatabaseAccessExceoption: Failed to open a connection to the db. Act.Data.ActDB.ActdbException: Login failed for user 'ACTACCESS' . . . "  

Act installed onto the new server without problems and can access an Act database installed on another server.

I'd appreciate any help with this problem. 

Thanks,
Jon

Re: Act 2006 - error restoring to new server

Are you able to open a local database or create a database?
Loyal Listener

[ Edited ]

No I can't open a local database or create on either. I spoke to paid support and it turns out that this is a "known issue" described in 

FAQ answer 17528

Known Issues When Using Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 with ACT! 2006

If you know of some workaround that doesn't involve removing service packs from SBS, uninstalling SBS,etc. please let me know. appreciate it.  

Do you know whether these conflicts with Sharepoint, other SQL Server instances, Backup Exec and SBS SP1,  occur in ACT 2008 and ACT 2009?  It looks as though we're going to be forced to upgrade ACT to 2008 or 2009 (or come up with a workaround) and I'd like to  be certain that these conflicts don't persist. 

Thanks,

Jon 

Content edit.  Fixed link to improve scrolling.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 10-17-2008 04:06 PM

ACT! 2008/2009 use SQL Server 2005, so there shouldn't be a conflict with your other SQL instances.

You can try uninstalling ACT!, disabling your other SQL instances and then installing ACT!.