Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2006 Performance Issues

Act! 2006 Performance Issues

I'm sure you've heard this one before, but my goodness, what do I have to do to improve the performance of Act! 2006???  I have a fast hard drive, plenty of ram, and I am not ignorant when it comes to computers, and have done every trick in the book to speed it up.  I have no issues with any other program but this one.

Anyone know of any secrets that I can use to improve performance?

Re: Act! 2006 Performance Issues

Hello Malibuj,

A lot of factors can effect the performance in ACT! and even outside of ACT!.  Follow the knowledge base article below to help increase performance.

How To Improve the Performance of ACT!

Thanks for responding, but that article only tells me the obvious ways to try and improve performance.  I have seen absolutely none when I have done all those tricks and plenty more that the article doesn't mention.  Is the code just written poorly in this program?  I've heard the other solution too, "Buy the newest version".  But why should I if I can't even get this version, which we bought a while back, to work properly?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Part of your problem is the fact that ACT! 2006 use Microsoft .NET 1.1 and MSDN while ACT! 2007 and later was able to use the much improved .NET 2 and MSSQL Express. Like most program, the ACT! program is an evolutionary program. ACT! 2005 represented a complete rewrite of the program, the first since ACT! 3 so speed improvements should be expected with the later versions.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com