Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2005 -Can't Access Datebase

Act 2005 -Can't Access Datebase

I am running Act! 2005 and I have removed .net 3.0 and 2.0 and only have 1.0 on my system. What else should I do. I am still unable to access the database.

Error Message:The database could not be accessed. IN order to access the database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It maybe necessary to disable and firewall software on your computer or the server.

This has happened about 5 times in the last week. I am able to restart the computer and it works again. Any help on fixing this problem would be greatly apprecaited.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2005 -Can't Access Datebase

Hello jlindley123,

There could be more than one cause for this error. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for possible causes and solutions for this error:

Error: "The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network con...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Act 2005 -Can't Access Datebase

Thank for your quick response. I will try several of these options and report back.